- Australian Made Quality with local Support.
- Exceptional Performance - Even Chamber with consistent firing results.
- Easy to use Versatile controls allowing you to fire pottery, ceramics, glass etc.
- Energy efficient insulation resulting in truly amazing low running costs.
- Exceptional Design and Quality resulting in an expected life of 20+ years.
- Friendly Support is only a phone call or email away for the life of the Kiln.
- Includes everything you need to get firing, including a set of shelves and props to suit the kiln.
- AF4 Multi-stage Controller with Type S Thermocouple.
- 2 x 400 x 400mm Shelves.
- 3 x 125mm Props
- 2 Brick Bungs for the Door and Roof.
- Integrated stand.
- Detailed Operation and Controller Manuals written in plain English easy to follow step by step illustrated instructions.
- Recommended firing schedule and handy wall chart.
- Phone or Email Support to help with any questions you may have.
- 3 Year Factory Warranty.
- Utilises an all New Hybrid Brick insulation material.
- This material is very similar to HEBEL block in look and feel.
- Saves power while offering a highly durable internal lining.
- Fan forced case ventilation ensures a low and safe kiln outer surface temperature <75C.
- Rust Free all aluminium frame and casing with integrated stand.
- Kanthal A1 Elements and k26 heavy duty brick floor.
- Features a Spyhole and Top Vent with heavy duty k26 machined brick bungs.
- Door has adjustable door stops and latch to keep door seal working correctly.
- Door seal is also designed to be replaced when elements are changed to keep a perfect seal.
- Two stage door latch to allow the door to be popped to aid in final stages of cool down.
- Door latch has facility to accept a padlock for added safety and security.
- Integrated Omron Door Safety Switch isolates the Elements while the door is open without interrupting the program.
- AF4 Multi Stage, Multi-Program Digital Controller fitted as standard.
- This controller offers delayed start, up to 20 stages with optional soak at each stage as well as remembering up to 25 different programs.
- Simply Enter:
i.How fast do you want to go? Ramp (DegC/hr)
ii. What Temperature do you want to reach? Temperature (Dec C)
iii. Do you want to hold (soak) at that temp? Optional (Hr:Min)
- You can program anywhere from 1 to 20 stages.
- Ramps can also be down so you can controller cooling for things like glass or crystal glazes.
- Built in 'Watch Dog' Safety circuit that prevents over firing if a relay fails.
- Type S thermocouple which is easy to replace.
- Solid State relays with safety contactor allows for quiet operation and long life.
- All Kilns are designed to allow passage through a standard 820mm doorway (lift of kiln door may need to be removed).
- For even tighter opening the hinges on the frame can be removed while maintaining door alignment.
- Heavy duty lift off aluminium hinges allow the kilns door to be removed to allow for easier installation.
- Serviceable parts and light weight design mean it's easy to install and maintain.
- Installation is plug & play if you have the appropriate sized plug (see the 'Power and Running Cost Tab")
- Kilns are test fired prior to leaving the factory so you're ready to start firing.
- All key electrical components are easily replaceable on a Din Rail mount.
- We have a network of recommended technicians across the country found under the "servicing" tab above
- Optional Ventmaster Kiln ventilation system can be fitted at time of manufacture to deal with kiln fumes.
- Extra shelves or props can be purchased at a discount when ordering Kiln.
- Education pack includes lockable control cover.
- We arrange delivery to your door, Australia wide via AirRoad.
- Kilns are shipped on a Pallet and the Kiln is delivered using a tailgate lifter for unloading.
- Please be aware that delivery is via courier and is limited in scope. The driver will be able to use a tailgate lifter to get it off the truck and can move the kiln a reasonable distance while on its pallet using a pallet jack.
- Please understand you may need up to 120cm of doorway clearance and that the pallet jack has limitations such as grass/gravel/steps or bumps etc. The courier is not responsible for unpacking the kiln nor removing it from its delivery pallet.
- Delivery quotes include packaging and insurance.
- It’s simply then a matter of unpacking the Kiln and taking off the pallet. (How to Video: Taking a Kiln off the pallet).
The short answer is maybe, but you must ensure that it can't get wet from rain from that storm that happens once in a while with horizontal rain.
The Kiln is an electrical device and is not IP rated so you must ensure that no water or moisture can get on the electrics.
As the casing and frame is made from aluminium the kiln won't have any rust issues.
- The shed meets the minimum clearance requirements of 200mm on all sides and 600mm above. eg for the Hobby Fire Max you'd need a shed with min dimensions of 2400x1200x2300mm (WxDxH)
- The shed has at least two windows that can be left open to ensure adequate cross ventilation.
- The shed is completely painted or made from colour bond both sides including fittings (Kiln fumes are very caustic so all zinc or gal treated metal will rust rather quickly)
- Don't keep anything flammable in that shed. (That includes the petrol can for the lawn mower!)